- Advocacy – to serve as an advocate for transplant recipients in legislative and medical issues
- Standard of Care – to increase retention of transplanted organs
- Programs and Services – to create and implement education and support programs that enhance the lives of transplant recipients and their families
- Communication – to identify ways to enhance communication and understanding between transplant recipients, their family members and their health care team
- Awareness – to increase organ donation through a greater public understanding of the donation process and the positive impact of successful transplants
Membership to the Council is free and open to all transplant recipients and their families, as well as health care professionals, legislators and other interested individuals.