Volunteers are vital to the success of the National Kidney Foundation of Louisiana.
There are many ways that you can show your support for the National Kidney Foundation of Louisiana:
- Do you have a used vehicle you don’t really want anymore? Instead of looking at it wistfully, you can donate that vehicle to the NKFL through the Kidney Cars program. Call 1-800-488-2277.
- Like to play golf? The Liberty Mutual Invitational is the premier amateur golf event for charity in the U.S. Join thousands of golfers from across the country as they help raise money for kidney research and the fight against kidney disease.
- The Foundation’s KEEP program depends on the collaboration of community partnerships. The program involves the efforts of caring professionals and volunteers who are committed to health care and the objectives of the program. Please contact us if you or your organization could provide: Space (should be able to accommodate eight tables, 40 chairs, and be in close proximity to bathrooms, Volunteer Nephrologists, Volunteer Nurses, Phlebotomists/Technicians who are familiar with universal precautions as required by OSHA, General volunteers to assist with height/weight measurements; use of automatic blood pressure machine; assisting participants with completion of consent form and screening questionnaire, and registration.
- Becoming an organ donor and learning more about organ donation and transplants is important, too.
- If you have free time during business hours, office support is always appreciated.
- If you simply would like to make a monetary donation to the National Kidney Foundation of Louisiana, you can find out more information by clicking on the Online Donations link. And, as always, we greatly appreciate any help that you are able to give!
Start making a difference today. Complete a volunteer form or contact the National Kidney Foundation of Louisiana at (800) 462-3694 or (504) 861-4500.